RSM Christian Students will. . .
P. . . possess authentic relationships with Jesus Christ.
- Present their personal testimony of salvation
- Study and respect the Bible as God’s inspired Word
- Express and defend their faith in all situations
- Prayerfully look to God and His Word daily as the source of truth and direction
U. . . understand that their bodies are temples in which the Holy Spirit dwells.
- Exhibit a godly, healthy lifestyle
- Develop God-given abilities
- Demonstrate physical, emotional, mental and spiritual fitness
- Integrate biblical principles into the physical disciplines
R. . . respect God, authorities, and peers.
- Recognize God as the author of absolute truth
- Model responsible citizenship
- Express accountability for their words and actions
- Demonstrate consideration of others
P. . . problem solve and think critically.
- Investigate meaning beyond the obvious in developing high level thinking skills
- Collaborate with peers to problem solve and share ideas
- Apply biblical principles to moral choices
- Demonstrate use of the scientific method
O. . . orient their lives to the needs of others
- Serve those in their community and beyond in tangible ways
- Develop an awareness of and compassion for diverse cultures
- Model responsible Christian ethics by acting with justice and mercy
- Demonstrate consideration and accountability for their words and actions
S. . . succeed as self-directed learners.
- Set realistic personal and academic goals
- Demonstrate organizational and time management skills
- Analyze, integrate, and synthesize new information
- Take initiative and have ability to transfer learned skills to new situations
E. . . engage in effective communication.
- Read, write, speak, and listen reflectively and critically
- Express themselves creatively through art, drama, foreign language, music, or sports
- Demonstrate competency in written, oral, and technological communication
- Articulate the precepts of a Christian worldview expressing and defending their faith