Exploration & discovery
At RSM Christian School, we want your little one to fall in love with learning! We provide opportunities for learning and growth through developmental, age-appropriate exploration, discovery, and hands-on experiences--and LOTS of fun! Every day ordinary moments will become extraordinary as your child learns new things, guided by their own natural curiosity and desire to explore. It is our prayer and our goal that all of our students will come away from RSM preschool with the love and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ and that our fun and loving school environment will instill in each child a love for school and for learning that will continue on with them throughout their lives.
Our preschool classes are offered on a 2-day (TTH), 3 days (MWF), or 5-day schedule. Your child must be three years old by Sept. 1, and completely potty trained. At three years old, your preschool child’s social and emotional well-being is an important piece of their overall growth and development. The preschool program at RSM Christian School is the best place for your three-year-old to grow and gain confidence and independence! Our goals for your child include:
- Fostering a child’s positive social and emotional development by providing opportunities to build self-confidence. Self-expression, self-regulation, and positive interactions with classmates.
- We capitalize on your preschool child’s natural desire to learn through a hands-on, play-based curriculum.
- Children are introduced to basic academic concepts; i.e. letter and number recognition, colors, shapes, counting, etc. through play, storytime, music, art, and gross motor activities.
- Growing the child’s physical development in a safe and supervised environment through activities that concentrate on their large and small motor skills.
- Encouraging a child’s spiritual development through daily worship, Bible, and weekly chapel experiences makes learning about God’s great love fun and exciting!
Our Pre-K classes are offered on a 3-day or a 5-day schedule. Your child must be four years old by September 1st to attend our Pre-K program.
Preparation for kindergarten becomes a stronger focus in the Pre-K classroom. But that doesn’t mean the fun stops! RSM Preschool’s Pre-K program is known for providing children with the critical skills needed for future school success, through a fun, hands-on curriculum! In Pre-K we feature the following:
- Small class sizes, 15:2 student-to-teacher ratio.
- Kids learn best through play! Through music and movement, centers, sensory experiences, and gross motor play, your child will learn letter recognition, phonemic awareness (letter sounds), and basic math concepts.
- Our Pre-K students use an exciting curriculum called Zoo-phonics and ABCJesus Loves Me.
- Social and emotional development remains a strong component of the Pre-K curriculum, as children develop confidence in their abilities to solve problems and as they learn to express themselves in healthy, appropriate ways.
- Weekly Chapel with worship and stories that make learning about God’s great love fun and exciting!
- Children participate in a weekly music class taught by our elementary music teacher. Emphasis on keeping a steady beat, rote rhythm, song learning, and recognition of the musical elements of tone, duration, and pitch.
Hours of Operation: 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
Extended Care: 7:00 am to 5:00 pm ( limited space)